Pictures of under dash wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAULN-SS

n00b
Jul 18, 2014
Hey all,

A little back story - approximately 10 years ago, I swapped a perfect dash into my 86 SS to replace the cracked one that was in there. At the time, I was gung-ho about the project, and I left some of the wiring and stereo stuff in there "dangling" because I was going to get to it any day. Fast forward, and now I have a bunch of wiring and sh*t that I don't know where it goes anymore. I am in the middle of trying to install a VHX gauge cluster, so I have the gauge pod out of the car, and all the trim off the dash. I am hoping yall can help.

1) Where does the "convenience center" box mount, and does it just rest somewhere, or does it screw in?

2) Where are the mount points for all the under-dash lights?

3) Does the VHX gauges require me to cut off the "18-pin" connector that used to clip to the dash - and will I use all of those wires for the new gauges?

4) If anyone has pictures of the factory routing of the wiring, or what you would consider "neat" looking wiring, I'd love to see it, as mine is a rats nest right now and I'd love to clean it up and remove what I can.

More to come I'm sure as I get more into this.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Kyle, I might have some pics that will help, I just don't have time to upload at the moment. It's 5am here and I need to get showered and on the road by six. Out of town a couple days but will try to get something up for you mid-week if you can wait that long.....

Reactions: 1 user

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
Just wondering if I have my vacuum hoses connected correctly...

The light blue hose is going to connect to the defroster control valve...

If this is wrong please let me know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor