Plastic Re-chroming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCN8TIVE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2007
Va Beach, Va
I am working with 8) 8) Wizard Automotive Products out of Cocoa Florida (321-433-1115) they specialize in chrome plating of metal and plastic parts, or I should say electro plating of plastic parts. No reason to go try to find that illusive NOS grill or headlight housing..etc. call these guys up.. and they take care of the rest. Hope this helps anyone else who wants the brand new shine to thier existing parts.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Quality compared to the elusive NOS parts?
Customer service?

WCN8TIVE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2007
Va Beach, Va
regalman4925 said:
any idea on prices??
from what I understand You send your parts, they evaluate thier overall condition, then you discuss options of I dont want to say quality, but more so I guess clarity or brilliance would be a better word... kind of like selecting tripple chroming when you get metal chromed

WCN8TIVE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2007
Va Beach, Va
srercrcr said:
Quality compared to the elusive NOS parts?
Customer service?
couldnt tell you, but if you cant find the elusive NOS parts I would say yeah better...your money though.. I talked to them a little after thier closing hours so there was really no representative to run over things with...

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
WCN8TIVE said:
regalman4925 said:
any idea on prices??
from what I understand You send your parts, they evaluate thier overall condition, then you discuss options of I dont want to say quality, but more so I guess clarity or brilliance would be a better word... kind of like selecting tripple chroming when you get metal chromed

Technicly speaking ,all chrome is "triple plated" there is 3 steps to the process ,that is a old selling gimick.
Someplaces will do Extra steps over to help a part be extra smooth.

6) Plating
Plating consists of several steps which are essential for beautiful results. Our laters are highly skilled and experienced. Most parts are "triple-plated", consisting of copper, nickel, and chrome. However, our plating procedure is much more complicated than this, and since we strive for the best possible results, we often re-copper and hand-sand some parts several times to insure of the finest quality and outcome. The chrome we use is trivalent chrome, which is environmentally safe and our particular bath insures a beautiful high-luster finish.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I have checked into rechroming plastic before and it is very expensive. I can't imagine it is worth it for most people unless you are restoring a car to show quality or unless you are just plain rich.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
WCN8TIVE,
I am looking re chroming some plastic parts,, did they charged you an arm an leg?
Can you please let us know what did you chrome? , how much you paid for? and if you don't mine provide us with some pictures of your plastic chromes ?

Thank you sir

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
WCN8TIVE,
I am looking re chroming some plastic parts,, did they charged you an arm an leg?
Can you please let us know what did you chrome? , how much you paid for? and if you don't mine provide us with some pictures of your plastic chromes ?

Thank you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor