Plugged up drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Well they are coming out this morning to fix it. I will let u know.
So the local plumber came out wednesday morning. He had a 25ft power snake that he ran down the drain. He says he ran all 25ft thru the drain and didnt hit anything. Now there is not 25ft of pipe from the sink to the back of the house. Needless to say he didnt get it unclogged. Says i need to call another company with a longer power snake. His company only goes 25ft. So i dumped some green gobler down the drain and let it sit. The drain is plugged. Doesn't seem as blocked as it was but it is real slow. Gonna try some more today to see if it will clear it. Of course i will be receiving a bill from him for basically doing nothing. Will let u know.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
There's a ton of cheap "drain blaster" products out there.
Basically uses compressed air to push the blockage out.
For $25 or so its cheaper than a plumber, or bring in the portable air compressor into the kitchen and have at it.
And, if you blow the pipes apart, you know where the problem was.....
Seal it up well so you dont face blast yourself with caustic drain cleaner....

Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
You may have a grease clog. Snakes will sometimes push through them but not open up. Put hot water in your sink drain then run your snake again. This time work the snake forward and backwards as you go. Couple inches forward, couple inches backwards, almost like your shaking it. If you hit grease the hot water should start to free it up. Pay attention to how much snake you sent down the drain if the water starts to drain. You can get a rough idea how far down the line the clog is.

Reactions: 1 users

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
I have removed all my garburators in all 11 of the hotels I over see they just cause to many issues all my dish washers think they are great and try to put anything and everything through them ,Have not had a problem since it has been about 8 years now

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor