Pontiac 400 in a Grand Prix 2+2, just a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
And these are the part numbers for the mounts that you need, image.jpeg

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
You're not the first one that's thought that. I guess "each" = "pair". I'm certain that price is for a pair, which ever tube size you prefer.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Everything that I've seen said that the Firebird mounts are different and will set the motor higher than the g body mounts. If you do need a pair, let me know. I might still have a one.

86GP2+2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2015
Louisville, KY
I'll check on them this weekend when I get the motor back to my garage. I'm probably going to try to fit the headers I have, but I think they will not fit properly.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Let me know. I messaged Mad Dog's today and told them they should clarify the pricing on their website too. We'll see if they update it. It's probably costing them sales.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The 400 should have fit the Firebird perfectly. Probably the perches were too tall. If that is the case then those perches will be even worse in a G-body. The first time I tried putting a Pontiac 350 in a G-body I only had 1980 Firebird 301 perches and they were noticeably higher. As I mentioned I bought the right 301 G-body ones at a real auto parts store but maybe that was a fluke.

May 3, 2016
I just tried putting Firebird headers in my T-Type with a 455 SD and the passenger side hits the lower control arm bracket and the driver side hits the firewall a little. I bought the Flowtechs so maybe that's the problem. Thinking of cutting the tubes and move them a little. Wont take much to maje them fit. Anyone else gotten further than this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor