Pontiac gauge cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, I was at a local salvage yard during the holidays trying to digest another turkey dinner when I came across a clapped-out GrandPrix waiting it's turn for the portable car crusher. After a quick look, I was able to pull the complete gauge assembly along with a 4 inch lengh of wiring harness before they pancaked it. I don't need it myself because I have a silver cluster in my Lemans but I figure some one with a Lemans or GrandPrix probably can.

I have no idea if everything works or not but it looks good and needs a good cleaning. I paid $100.00 for it so if one of you guys wants it I will sell to you for $100.00 plus shipping. I'm not trying to make a buck, just help a fellow member if I can.

Dean

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Tach or no?

White or red needles?

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Sorry for the missing info, still trying to get my pictures to upload but they won't for some reason
Black backround with white neadles and numerals
main pod has speedo in kms and clock
secondary pod has fuel level, oil pressure, water temp and volts
Dean

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Ha! got it, here is a picture

Attachments

• IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 1,731

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
What's involved in switching from a basic "idiot light" setup to full guages? I'd like to go to full guages, too bad that set doesn't have a tach. Still, it's better than mine, I just can't afford it right now lol!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's easy, just plug-n-play. The Pontiacs are wired for either-or gauges or idiot lights. The white wire is in the harness for the tach, but usually you need to extend it to the distributor. You may need a few clips that go on the printed circuit board.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
You may also have to replace a couple of sending units depending on what's on the engine.
Hey Wildmani, how's the lemans comming along, haven't seen any updates in a while

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Don't want to hijack your thread, but since you asked lol...

Things are plugging away pretty slowly, haven't had a lot of time to get into any serious work since Christmas holidays. So far I've got the engine and transmission out, all of the front suspension and steering components are out, as well as the inner fenders. I've also taken a wire wheel on a drill and knocked off all of the loose rust flakes and dirt and grime off of the frame, ready to degrease and paint. I'm also going to clean up and repaint the inner fenders. Once I get it all cleaned and painted I need to get the steering column and heater box out (I'm switching to a tilt column and non-AC), then I'll start putting the front end back together. Still trying to figure out my engine strategy, I've got the '69 300hp 350 that I need to figure out how I want to build up. How's yours Dean? Itching for the spring so you can get it out again? Lol!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thank's deanlemans81, I keep forgetting the senders. All I use is gauges and I don't even own idiot light senders anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor