Pontiac GP 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
On my way into work this morning I saw a maroon GP 2+2 and it looked like new from what i saw of it. It's the first one I have seen other than the one I saw at a local recyclers a few years ago. The front end of those 2+2's look awesome but I don't like the look of the back that much.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
It is just the opposite for me. I really like the back end but don't care or the nose. Either way GM shorted us by not puting TPI motors in the 2+2 or the SS for that matter.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
as far as the back end goes I do like the trunk lid which allows a decent spoiler to be attached and the covered colored bumper, the tail lights are the same...I just think the long glass makes the car look too heavy and bulky looking at the car from the side...personally I'm not a big fan of TPI...TPI did give you low end torque but if you wanted higher RPM's you were out of luck.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
That is a good point about the high RPM's. Fortunately torque is more useable on the street. Yes it would have limited them in NASCAR but it would have been ideal for the typical street cruiser/daily driver.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A friend of mine said it best-the car is so ugly that its neat. It is possible to clone these cars now, thanks to parts that are available from Lauren Engineering. The parts are pricey, but if you're serious, a standard Grand Prix can be made to look like a 2+2.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
yes. it is expensive, but available. you can get the whole thing from them, window, decklid, bumpers, decals. everything to clone a 2+2 from a regular GP.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The repro parts are not exactly the same as the original. The repro nose piece is fiberglass, while the original is urethane. The repro rear window is lexan, while the original is glass.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
thats not really a bad thing though. the lexan will be alot lighter than a glass window and the fiberglass shouldn't cave in the way the urethane does after it ages a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor