Power Antenna - Removal / replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Guys (& gals),

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the body / trim section. Am finishing up the few ods/ends on the '86 Cutlass to hopefully get it out of winter hibernation (though it is snowing here today). Anyway, have a question on the power antenna. My mast is broken and was wondering if there wa a way to get to the antenna unit w/o taking the hood & front fender off. I haven't taken a good look in the inner whell-well area to see if I could go in that way.

It's not really a show-stopper for tunes as I have a CD player in the head-unit and the Delta 40s make their own music. But I would like to listen to the radio sometimes while driving.

Any thoughts? :?:

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
I really hope there is. My mast is also broken I've looked at it from about five different angles to see if there's a way to do it without pulling the fender off. The Body by Fisher manual isn't helpful either.

When engineers go to hell, they have to perform maintenance on their own designs... :evil: [/i]

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Geesie said:
I really hope there is. My mast is also broken I've looked at it from about five different angles to see if there's a way to do it without pulling the fender off. The Body by Fisher manual isn't helpful either.

When engineers go to hell, they have to perform maintenance on their own designs... :evil: [/i]

Agreed. Man, it was really easy to do on the 89 Cutty, since the power unit is mounted in the trunk. I actually ended up snatching a mast from a power unit that was in a 79 T-bird at the junkyard and made it work. Again, I can listen to the exhaust or the CD but just the fact the antenna is a no-go just bugs me. That's why when I design things I think about the maintenance and repair of them, not just getting the parts / assemblies to work.

And your mention of the BbF manuals reminds me I need to find a chassis / service manual set for Oldsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor