Power Door Locks

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Question, are the grounds for power door lock actuators behind the kick panels on both sides ?
Not sure what the heck happened but all of a sudden the door locks stopped working on both doors. I pulled the panels off when I recently changed the uppers. Now they stopped working. Im assuming the connectors can go on only one way. I can hear the actuators clicking. What the heck ?

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Question, are the grounds for power door lock actuators behind the kick panels on both sides ?
Not sure what the heck happened but all of a sudden the door locks stopped working on both doors. I pulled the panels off when I recently changed the uppers. Now they stopped working. Im assuming the connectors can go on only one way. I can hear the actuators clicking. What the heck ?
They ground thru the door lock relay. The only ground noted in my books is the direct relay body to the car body where it's bolted on.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
They ground thru the door lock relay. The only ground noted in my books is the direct relay body to the car body where it's bolted on.
Well, thats not good. Connector goes on only one way right ? What the heck could have happened ? They worked before.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well, thats not good. Connector goes on only one way right ? What the heck could have happened ? They worked before.
Possible corrosion on the switch's terminal studs or the flat connector may have an issue with the cripped on terminals.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here's the wire diagram out of my '78 trouble shooting book.
'78 A-G power lock.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor