CUTLASS Power seat

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I just bought one also, between my two Gbody's I have 4 power units installed.
That's a man that likes to gamble. Or, do you unhook the power to the pass side ones because... passengers. They don't need to move their seats around.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I have a set of E90 BMW seats in mine wired thru a switch. Flip the switch to move the seat then cut the power. They almost never move anyway.

Attachments

• 84A23394-C14C-488E-B849-A5C6DB939344.jpeg
    84A23394-C14C-488E-B849-A5C6DB939344.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was one of the early pioneers of putting in a 2012 power passenger seat bottom in the 2010 Camaro SS back in 2011. Had to re-wire the seat and swap the seat heater panel. General PITA. Wife didn't like the way the original non-power (power pass. seat wasn't available in 2010) seat sat too low for her. Interestingly, the seat power plug was already in place under the carpet there so I needed to get a new seat harness ($$ from GM), but the wiring plug on the seat side needed re-pinning as to keep from getting an airbag inoperable light. Bought all the parts new from GM so it turned into a $450 project even with my discount. The huge cost was the motor/linkage and seat frame bottom came as one unit making it a tad pricey. At the time, you weren't finding Camaros in any salvage yard unless they'd been wrapped around a tree so you had to buy new. But hey, she's happy.

I'd rather have a new plastic housing for the cheezy G-body plastic one as it'll probably break just looking at it. I'm amazed they lasted this long.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I received the Captain Cadillac version of the power seat transmission housing today and it feels hefty and sturdy. Along with seemingly good hole alignment and the hole sizes seem to be equal. Well-made.

Funny too, I was "adding" the aftermarket housing to my inventory spreadsheet- guess what I found? I have a complete NOS 20225150 power seat transmission already in my stash, along with 2 spare NOS power seat motors, a handful of NOS drive cables, and 2 GM motor couplings. Yikes, I forgot all about those!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So if anyone is interested these are now $65 so I just bought another one.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor