Power Steering Bracket SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Looking for an aftermarket power steering bracket to replace the stock one as I took out that long stud that one of the brackets mounts on over by the headers. Tried on of the aftermarket ones before but didn't fit right due to misinformation by the seller. Looking to keep expenses around $50 or less. I'm using a long water pump and a stock replacement saginaw power steering pump. Thanks guys.

patmckinneyracing said:
Looking for an aftermarket power steering bracket to replace the stock one as I took out that long stud that one of the brackets mounts on over by the headers. Tried on of the aftermarket ones before but didn't fit right due to misinformation by the seller. Looking to keep expenses around $50 or less. I'm using a long water pump and a stock replacement saginaw power steering pump. Thanks guys.
try here http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/

trog said:
patmckinneyracing said:
try here http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/

I have one made for the short water pump.... won't work in mine, as the bracket puts it too close to the gearbox... aren't our pumps originally metric, and not the saginaw design?

too bad, real nice design...

Jbreau, I tried that ebay product before from that very same seller. It didn't fit at all and the seller horrible about getting my money back from. They were terrible about getting my money back from and I had to spend extra money for the shipping and waited a month and a half before paypal sent my money back.

patmckinneyracing said:
Jbreau, I tried that ebay product before from that very same seller. It didn't fit at all and the seller horrible about getting my money back from. They were terrible about getting my money back from and I had to spend extra money for the shipping and waited a month and a half before paypal sent my money back.
Sucks you got hosed by those guys.....Call wagon works...I was going to get one from them until I scored a non a/c stock set ip...

Here's what I did cuz I'm ****in brilliant...

Ignore my hand.
I simply took the bolt/stud from the manifold, flipped it around backwards and threw on a couple nuts and washers.

31736620088_medium.jpg

Blake442 said:
Here's what I did cuz I'm ****in brilliant...
I simply took the bolt/stud from the manifold, flipped it around backwards and threw on a couple nuts and washers.

That's what i got going on too. jam nuts and lock washers work wonders. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor