Power Tour 1999 and my 70' Chevelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
In 1999 I decided to be a long hauler. We started in Fitchburg Massachusetts and cruised down the east coast ending at Panama city Beach FL. Every day was a different stop at a car show and great food, music and beer. I was kind of a heavy drinker back then. The guy in the 39' Ford, if i got that right, was from Boston. He was in his 60's and I was 31 and we drank at whatever local bar after car festivities were over. Whatever bar was walking distance from hotels we stayed at. Being out till 3 or 4am every night and cruising usually began around 7am. Ah to be young again.
If you look at first row middle that is Ray Flugger of Flowmaster. I am in red ball cap right behind him and my Chevelle is off to the left towards top
20220404_144120.jpg
20220404_144135.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Going through hundreds of pictures taken on the tour. Memories come to the surface. I think it was over 3000 miles on that trip. Had just built a 509bbc. And my home-made exhaust exited at my left ear. No windshield wipers. And it rained quite a bit. Turbo 400 and 3.73 in a 12 bolt. Tin interior and no sound proofing. Kick azz stereo. Finished the car about a week prior. I don't think I put a mile on it before leaving. A few problems popped up. Fixed em and kept driving. Oh yeah I was in Hot Rod magazine. Have the issue laying around somewhere. Nothing big but a double page photo. 😉 They opened the back door of the Hot Rod van and caught me, an AMX i believe and I can't remember the 3rd car. Nice pic of me driving in the rain. Lol 😆
I was also on an episode of some show. Filmed me under rear of car on highway reinstalling a shock that was hanging by a thread. Didn't know about the show until a few years later my sister and brother in law saw it and taped it. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor