Power window chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

84H/O

Apprentice
Jul 7, 2007
On my 84 Hurst I have an issue with the drivers side power window. It rolls up nice, smooth and quick. When you roll it down, it kind of bounces/chatters. I've searched around and have lubed up all the tracks and adjusted the felt pads. This hasn't fixed the issue, any input on this? What's my next step? Thanks!

It sucks but you're going to have to just replace the rubber / felt; once it's spent it's spent. Obviously the driver side will become annoying first b/c used more often

I know I have to replace it, but they aren't that bad honestly.. The passenger side is in the same shape as the driver side. What else tends to fall out of whack in these window systems?

The chatter likely could still be coming from the tracks & the rollers in the tracks.
You may try wiping & spraying the tracks & rollers clean, spraying something more of a lighter better penetrating type of lube into the rollers & pivot points, then respraying tracks with lithium grease. If something in a mechanism is binding or not rolling consistant, it will induce chatter.

i got the same issue after I cleaned and greased my tracks! I was thinking of replacing the motor? Also where can we buy the window felts?

My tracks and rollers are pretty clean at this point as I have gone over them. Felts are available on gbodyparts.com

Installed the new window felts, and re felted the guides. It has helped but has not completely solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor