Powersteering.com....I bought a Lares instead (update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
Wondering if I should go with Chip or just get a reman quick ratio steering gear box at O'reily's...any suggestions? Price difference is about $100 more plus shipping to send it to Chip. http://www.powersteering.com/products.htm

Edit- I told myself to save some money and went to O'reily's. The only unit they had in town looked pretty ragged, then they asked for $156 instead of the $116 I was quoted over the phone. So I declined and started calling around again. Found that Advance Auto Parts sells steering gears from a company called Lares. Did a little research and found they are out of Cambridge, MN and and seem to have a good reputation when googleing for reviews. So I bought one on the web, just got it today and am very pleased so far.
lares1.jpg
lares2.jpg

Total cost for this shipped to my door was $200, and I get $40 back once I take my core in. So it works out to be the same price as the Cardone from O'reily's!! Only difference I noticed is that Lares lists the ratio as 10:1 versus the 12:1 from Cardone. I ordered part# 1282

If anyone is interested and is looking to upgrade/replace their gear box. Advanced is having a 20% sale on everything online right now until 4-11-12, just enter "P20" in the code box when checking out. If you have to save some money first, don't worry as they almost always have a 15% sale. Just remember to order it online because it's a special order item in store and they will charge you the $18 for shipping.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
And btw, I read some people saying in other threads on the same topic that we should by from Napa because their parts are made in America. Well, the Napa around here sells Cardone (for a higher price than O'reily's). And I stumbled across an article about how the Pennsylvania based Cardone Industries is having a Canadian banking firm finance a $300 million bailout for them. Not sure how that whole scenerio turned out, but either they are now Canadian owned, or going under. And if they go under your warranty is sh*t. So I bought a Lares instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor