powersteering hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

my85gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2007
London
im trying to buy a return line for my 84 cutlass but all the stores try and sell me is a length of rubber hose. my car had a rubber hose coming off the reservoir then a metal line going into the steering box, but it seems i cant buy a hose with the metal line on it. i bought the pressure hose no problem and looks the same as the return line i wanna buy. Did the previous owner do this himself?, or do all gbodys have the same thing, anyone have this same problem? pics, suggestions on how to solve my problem would help. thanks

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
That is how all gbodys are. Did you get the pressure line at a parts store or dealership. I didnt think parts stores still sod lines like that. If you havent tried a dealership, they may still carry the line. If you dont have any luck finding one, try junkyards and be careful takin them off not to break them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when buying new hoses only the high pressure side comes with the metal line. The low pressure side only uses a hose clamp on the pump side and to secure it to the metal line so there is no need to replace the metal line unless it is the metal line that is defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor