pro built automatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
no one? alright, anyone gone through bowtie overdrives or any of the online transmission dealers? how long from the date you ordered it to the day you recieved it? a week, 2 weeks, more than a month?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
you should call those places and talk to them

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
i ordered from pro built already and havent heard anything since i received the paid for invoice. emailed and called already so thats my problem. debating if i need to go though the credit card and get my money back

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I used PATC & Monster as far as online sources, everything else was local.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I bought two from www.extremeautomatics.com. One for a high 11 second GN the other for a high 11 second big block 442. Here is a snip from there website.

Q - 2004R or 700R4?

A - I have been asked this question more than any other. Straight answer some will not like. Honestly its not even a fair fight. The 2004R will handle power that far exceeds that of any 700R4 or 4L60 that can be build at any price. 2004R has a better gear ratio spread, better Overdrive ratio, will fit many more applications, Lighter, Stronger I can go on and on. The 700R4 is best left to applications where its the only option such as 4WD or All WD, tow vehicles, Lower HP applications or customers that are more concerned with budget v/s strength and reliability.

CK is another good outfit.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
i was just looking for a time frame from order to door step. i ordered about a month ago and i havent heard anything other than the email of the invoice i got the day i ordered. called 3 times, emailed, no response. so i was in the dark thinking im getting ripped off, but ive only heard good things about the company searching the net. mostly on the third gen camaro board.
i got an email today from him saying my trans is ready to be dyno tested. i guess everythings cool now, a month seems like a long time to build though. not knowing was getting frustrating.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Dropped off my 2nd 200-4R last week monday picking it up this afternoon so about 10 days.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
montecarlo-ts said:
i was just looking for a time frame from order to door step. i ordered about a month ago and i havent heard anything other than the email of the invoice i got the day i ordered. called 3 times, emailed, no response. so i was in the dark thinking im getting ripped off, but ive only heard good things about the company searching the net. mostly on the third gen camaro board.
i got an email today from him saying my trans is ready to be dyno tested. i guess everythings cool now, a month seems like a long time to build though. not knowing was getting frustrating.
That does seem strange, if they are like most internet transmission places they should have a unit on the shelf ready to ship.
It shouldn't take more then a day to rebuild a trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor