Pro-Touring????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 87montecarlomrc, Apr 4, 2010.

1. dogshit

dogshit Royal Smart Person

I put my car in the pro touring catagory or jr pro touring as gbodyenthusiast put it. No pizza cutters up front, better tires & rims, handling, brake, transmission & motor mods designed to make the car better at just about eveything without going too extreme in any one area. In the photos link you can see both gbodys I did.

2. Tuggy24g

Tuggy24g G-Body Guru

Where is the picture your talking about dogshit?

3. shotgun

shotgun Royal Smart Person

I never liked all the "labels" anyway. We are all car guys. :D

My wagon is a hot/rat rod, g/pro touring, family cruiser, shop/tow vehicle with racing tendencies.

Attached Files:

4. dogshit

dogshit Royal Smart Person

Click the little photos button off to the right. It looks like a little camera. They redid some of this forum a while back and now hardly anybody knows about uses the link to peoples photo albums. I also have noticed since then hardly anybody is creating new photo albums. Most of the new members don't have them. :(

5. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

I agree with Shotgun...mine is a daily driver that is modified so it has enough power with a 5 speed that keeps me happy and I can have fun sliding it thru a corner if I choose to drive it that way.

6. 86Cutlass383SR

86Cutlass383SR G-Body Guru

Will it handle better than stock? "frame bracing all over plus all kinds of aftermarket goodies for better handling"
    Will it brake better than stock? "bigger than stock brakes"
    Will it accelerate better than stock? Probably will.

Nobody said Pro-Touring has to have exotic parts to do all this "better than stock".

Sounds to me like you are building a daily driver Pro-Touring car 8)

I'm doing the same basic thing. Daily driver. 383 with EFI, 6 speed, C5 Vette brakes up front and LS1 Camaro brakes in rear (2000 Camaro), frame/chassis bracing, 17x8.5 wheels with 245/45/17 tires all around, & a good suspension system. Will it out-run a new Vette? No, but he'll darn sure be wondering why my 86 Cutlass is still in his rear-view mirror!

It doesn't have to be show quality. It doesn't have to be the fastest car in town. It doesn't have to be anything, except better than it was. It's a balanced combination and that is exactly what you want for a daily driver. Unlike Pro-Street that has no concerns for handling or comfort. A *better* car is even safer to drive.

7. G_Body_Enthusiast

G_Body_Enthusiast Royal Smart Person
    Silver