Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I love the chassis but never liked the under the rear axle exhaust that I first saw on Dan Howe's Monte Carlo which was the test car for this chassis but it definitely has proven itself as a performer.

Reactions: 2 users

Charles Washington

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2019
West Orange, New Jersey
I love the chassis but never liked the under the rear axle exhaust that I first saw on Dan Howe's Monte Carlo which was the test car for this chassis but it definitely has proven itself as a performer.
I initially had questions however everyone that I talked to that has the chassis did not experience by clearance or performance concerns (as you noted).

Reactions: 1 user

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Greetings Gbody family! The process of the restoration of my Pro Touring 1979 Hurst Olds continues. The overall direction is as follows:

Schwartz Performance G-Machine chassis
LRB 532ci Naturally aspirated BBC (Callies, AFR, etc)
4L80e transmission (2800 stall)
FAST EZ-EFI 2.0
265-35-19 on front and 345-30-19 on rear

Still have a ways to go but here are a few pics of the chassis
Love it. You've gone for the coilovers vs bags - Good for you! Keep us posted as the build proceeds. Was she originally an H/O, or is this to be a tribute?

Not being critical, but my choice for footwear would be U.S. Mag Sabres:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I initially had questions however everyone that I talked to that has the chassis did not experience by clearance or performance concerns (as you noted).
The only performance I mentioned was that the chassis itself has been proven, the exhaust aspect is just aesthetics for me

Reactions: 1 user

Charles Washington

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2019
West Orange, New Jersey
Love it. You've gone for the coilovers vs bags - Good for you! Keep us posted as the build proceeds. Was she originally an H/O, or is this to be a tribute?

Not being critical, but my choice for footwear would be U.S. Mag Sabres:

It is a real Hurst Olds...hardtop. not T-tops as many were outfitted. Pic of the VIN attached

3-Oldsmobile
K-Cutlass Calais
47-2 door Calais/Supreme
R-W30, 350 engine
M-Michigan

Those are nice wheels...No offense, but to much polish for this build. Bumpers and any chrome are blacked out.

Attachments

• Vin.jpg
    Vin.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 126
  • Sad

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Kind of a shame you're putting a Chevy engine in an Olds... Don't get me wrong it is going to be absolutely badass, but it sounds like you've got the money you could build a sick big block Olds to put in there. Even an older 500 pro stock olds motor. :cool:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Kind of a shame you're putting a Chevy engine in an Olds... Don't get me wrong it is going to be absolutely badass, but it sounds like you've got the money you could build a sick big block Olds to put in there. Even an older 500 pro stock olds motor. :cool:
I agree to a point. Don't get me started on the EZ EFI cheapout..... Anyway the 500 pro stock motor is still a Chevy, BUT you could have something like this: https://www.streetmusclemag.com/tec...et-a-new-school-560-inch-olds-for-the-street/

Reactions: 1 users

Charles Washington

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2019
West Orange, New Jersey
Thanks for your perspective. The car was never intended to be a pure restoration and its all in the same family. At the end of the day, it will be a reliable, fun car to drive. I am looking forward to its completion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor