Project 80 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.
JasonL said:
the car is getting painted black in the near future. I already started stripping the gold off the rims !!!! probally will just have the powder coated, but to be honest, I want the black GTA 16" rims with the silver lips.
Those were the exact look I going for when I started looking around for wheels. But they wouldn't work with the big brake kit that I am planning on getting.

aww i was hoping you'd keep it brown and gold.. that'd be a sick combo i haven't seen anyone running..

enjoy the car either way

Going to post them up, I got another set of wheels for the monte, the golds will be for sale !

Grandprixpaul said:
Nice ride ,can i ask what you bought it for? And hows your interior.

Interior is pretty good, needs a headliner and a fresh carpet. Seats and stuff are good, just need a cleaning.

monte2-M.jpg

Never reveal the price !!!! 🙂

I respect your position on telling what you paid for it, but it does allow guys to gauge the value of the potential cars they may buy our if they are selling..

Maybe answer this guy thru a PM, sworn to secrecy?

Blake B said:
I respect your position on telling what you paid for it, but it does allow guys to gauge the value of the potential cars they may buy our if they are selling..

I work for a Automotive Finance Company and I have 50 or so dealers that I work with on a daily basis. One of my places is a Donation place that is a charity for cancer kids. Someone donated the car to them and I made a $1000 donation to the fund and got the car. So technically I paid nothing for the car. Was that or the crusher !!! Too nice to crush it !!!!!!!

JasonL said:
Blake B said:

I work for a Automotive Finance Company and I have 50 or so dealers that I work with on a daily basis. One of my places is a Donation place that is a charity for cancer kids. Someone donated the car to them and I made a $1000 donation to the fund and got the car. So technically I paid nothing for the car. Was that or the crusher !!! Too nice to crush it !!!!!!!

I commend you for the donation and saving the Monte.. well done!

Few Updates, I have been gathering parts and getting rid of old parts. I just finished painting the Olds wheels black. I also just picked up a motor.

Wheels in primer !!! Bye Bye Gold !!!
primer-M.jpg

Not too bad for $17 worth of paint and clear.
paintedwheels-M.jpg

wheel11-M.jpg

The 406 ci 6.6L
1971 block, 30 over, built a few years ago, has a performer intake and roller tip rockers. The heads are 993. Going to run a compression test and leakdown test on it, then pull the heads and see what it looks like in there. If short block is ok, will look for a Possible Vortec head swap.

my boy on Fathers Day helping me jack her up onto the stand
motorup-M.jpg

some rollers.
rockers-S.jpg

still gathering parts for the car. I put a flywheel and starter on the 406 last nght so I can run a compression test and leak down test on the motor. I picked up a full 2 1/2" exhaust with a X pipe and hooker turbo mufflers off a wrecked Malibu, I also swaped 2 tires on the Olds wheels for ha ha's and I have to swap the other 2 soon.
rims
carwithrim-M.jpg

flywheel and starter
starter-M.jpg

exhaust
pipes-M.jpg

so debating if i just leave them 993 heads on for now, or look for something else, I am really trying a super budget build, wonder how them heads will work with a 268H cam kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor