BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Not sure when I'm going out again. Brakes were definitely getting a workout. Having a 25 minute run time will definitely put everything to a test. One issue I had was the ps started to overheat. Started getting a little whining from the pump around the 18 minute mark. Going to put a cooler on the return line and that may fix it. Engine never got over 196° so I'm hoping I won't need to mess with that. Need to adjust my rear upper control arms to center the rear end and stop the tire rub. Hopefully with 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers on the front, and 12" rear rotors that'll be enough. I can't fit anything bigger.

That's plenty of rotor, it's going to be pad selection going forward and keeping the fluid fresh. And yeah, I run a trans cooler for the PS. 100% need it for that sort of activity. Expect the things that give you trouble to evolve as your pace increases. And I'm guessing you've seen this thread, but if not:

He sure breaks a lot of crap.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
That's plenty of rotor, it's going to be pad selection going forward and keeping the fluid fresh. And yeah, I run a trans cooler for the PS. 100% need it for that sort of activity. Expect the things that give you trouble to evolve as your pace increases. And I'm guessing you've seen this thread, but if not:

He sure breaks a lot of crap.
Cody has for sure, but also he hasn't followed main stream stuff either, it's been R&D for a lot with him.
A lot would have thrown in the towel long time ago.
And he's still running Olds engines which I give him a lot of props for

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor