Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see that you got the bus in running condition, and working out the bugs. Lookin' good.

The Rambler wagon is nice. I've always thought they were cool. I saw one on Barrett-Jackson. I think it was '59 though. It had the stock inline 6, rusty patina, Radar wheels and a surfboard on top. The car went for....$12K. I couldn't believe it. It was a cool wagon, but not worth $12K in my opinion.

The Nova is going to look sweet when it's in color. Did your brother paint the jambs, behind the doors, etc. before hanging the doors? I'm wondering if I should do that, hang the doors and shoot it all together. Right now, space is at a premium, as much as I would like to do all the panels separately. I may have to resort to doing it assembled...sans the glass, of course.

BTW, I enjoy your thread and all the cool stuff you're working on. Keep up the good work.

Glad you're enjoying the thread. It's a pretty useful tool for me to keep a timeline on all the simultaneous projects. I have to admit that I go back through it myself frequently to refresh my memory on certain things. Dear diary... :lol: .

The Nova would be all apart if my brother was actually doing the painting. We hung it back together for 2 reasons; so that the customer can see that it's actually straight enough for paint, and so that it can be transported easier. It will definately need to come apart again to paint it correctly. He wants the interior shot in a semi-flat charcoal-ish single stage but the jambs and exterior painted an Audi blue. Should be a pretty combination. They'e slated to come by today and meet with my brother. Either he'll get paid and the car leaves today or he'll get paid then paint the interior and get paid some more when it leaves. He's pretty burnt out on this car so I doubt he can be convinced to do the interior paint.

Aw geez! Looks like he's as much of a greedy wh*re as me. I guess there WAS enough cash to convince him to shoot the interior. He spent a couple hours cleaning the booth and then a few more hours pulling the doors back off and wrapping the entire car.
001-95.jpg

002-87.jpg

003-74.jpg

They also have a brushed finish Flaming River column that they wanted painted. After some discussion they all decided it might look better to just color match the top portion and steering wheel adapter.
004-55.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, he's using a customer supplied semi flat single stage. That means that if there are any flaws (like a run or some dirt) the entire panel will need to be reprepped and resprayed. It can't be blended and it can't be buffed. No pressure.

On the bus project: The tires that came with it were pretty poor. They were at least 20 years old and nowhere near being round anymore. I came up with a nice set of studded whitewalls. My dad cleaned, scuffed and painted the wheels then I mounted them up at the shop. Totally spaced on grabbing the camera. The bus is now 15 miles away at his house while he's working on the interior. I'll try to get some update pics next time I'm over there.

Paint!
009-25.jpg

008-28.jpg

006-40.jpg

007-31.jpg

Looked pretty good to me. We'll see how it looks in the light of day when my brother comes by after work.

Too cold for that. Lows in the 30's and highs in the 40's. No heat in the booth. The owner was still trying to change my brother's mind as they were loading it though. He said to expect a call in the spring if he can't find anyone else to shoot it before then.

Oh boy. Look what followed me home from the auction today. This one's an '82 Westfalia. Drove it on the dolly so I know it will run. Time to clean it up and see what else is wrong with it. I'll get some interior shots when it's a little brighter outside.
001-108.jpg

003-82.jpg

Wow. Back when I was like 10 I had a friend whos parents had one of the camper versions. Diesel, manual, stinky, rusty, ect. Interesting to see one that didnt look like it didnt get pushed off a hill,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor