Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
boatshoes said:
It's super awesome. And totally wrong. But still super awesome. Do it.
x2

My dad came over today to work for a couple hours. Started tearing the the stuck engine apart so we could clean and transplant the tins to the new engine. Once we got the doghouse off we found the reason it wouldn't turn. A shot of my dad getting a shot of our discovery:
001-88.jpg

002-80.jpg

Also found 4 petrified mice on the left head. Made a shopping list and called it quits. More in a couple days.

I would say biuld a real baja-ish bug, that would be kick *ss, street bug are pretty neat too though.....It's only too ridiculous, if you don't do it.. :lol:

Mid-engine LS and ZF transaxle? Evil thoughts, be gone!

/Baja tangent

New project showed up yesterday. The owner of this '67 Nova is on a couple lonnng waiting lists to get a "$10,000 paint job" -- whatever that really means. My brother agreed to do the body work and consider painting it. It's a pretty nice start and he clearly has a bigger budget than any of my builds. Looks like a 350 with a 4L80 and a narrow Moser 12bolt. Sounds good!
004-49.jpg

005-41.jpg

Wow!! It's no wonder that engine was stuck. That's some nice hole in the case. Of course the tins covered up the damage.
I guess that engine is good for the tins, nuts and bolts, heater boxes, header, distributor, etc.

That street Baja bug looks pretty cool. I've never seen them set up low like that. Usually raised with the big off road meats on them.
Japan is a "blackhole" for many of our muscle cars, exotics, and special interest cars.

That '67 Nova looks like a nice car. I'm sure it 's going to look super with new paint. Boy, that spray booth would come in handy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor