Pros and Con LSD vs. Lockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I've been looking this up all day and came up with nothing I want my Gbody Fam to tell me their opinion's on a for a street car that will be in a couple street/strip races which differential would be best for these aspects? Limited slip or a locker what the good and bad on both?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Limited slip for street. The only way I would even consider going with a locker is if its an all out drag car. Lockers break sh*t on the street and make it a nightmare to drive.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
-83MONTESS- said:
Limited slip for street. The only way I would even consider going with a locker is if its an all out drag car. Lockers break sh*t on the street and make it a nightmare to drive.

I just like the dual wheel burn out's but the sound pretty destructive so can a limited slip could win a few races?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
an LSD will also do a 2 wheel burnout. (except for some HP helical sets)
full posi/lockers have a habit of spinning the tires when you're in a curve--not a good thing!

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
megaladon6 said:
an LSD will also do a 2 wheel burnout. (except for some HP helical sets)
full posi/lockers have a habit of spinning the tires when you're in a curve--not a good thing!

So your talking about like a Eaton Detroit Truetrac?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
that style, yes.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Depending on your power level I would go with a limited slip for most performance street and a Detroit Locker or something comparable for something high powered that will also see track time.
I've been running a Detroit Locker in a Ford 9" for 11 years behind my big blocks and never had any issues with turns or anything else and mine is a street car.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
565bbchevy said:
Depending on your power level I would go with a limited slip for most performance street and a Detroit Locker or something comparable for something high powered that will also see track time.
I've been running a Detroit Locker in a Ford 9" for 11 years behind my big blocks and never had any issues with turns or anything else and mine is a street car.

It'z not very powerful itz a 350 sbo about 310hp/340ish torque

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor