Proud Dad moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Okay being a car guy you should relate to this even if you're not a father. This weekend the family went to an annual car show that we try to hit every year. I've been bringing my twin sons, now 18, to the same car show since I was able to pull them both around in a small wagon shoved in the trunk of my 84. I was barely able to shut the trunk. Once I got the 83 we would bring both cars, My wife in the 84 and me in the 83, to the show and we each took a boy and would end up racing to see who got home first. Well this year they met us up there but on the way home I sat back and watched them race my wife home with my GTP. It put a smile on my face watching them tear pass me down the highway after she egged them to try and beat her. Belive it or not shes got the lead foot not me. Now I know safety and all, and don't fool around behind the wheel and Blah blah blah. I did jokingly crack them on the back of the head but the my smile hurt more.........Is that wrong?;)
0422181504_HDR-1.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't think it is wrong and I'm sure they all horsed around safely...:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Very cool story.

This weekend I took my 3 year-old out on the lawn tractor - she went for the throttle before the steering wheel. Her older sister was keen on helping me drive screws into some wood. When kids ask if they can help, the response should always be: "Yes!"

That reminds me... I owe my oldest some "donuts".

Reactions: 3 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I took my son to K1 Speed indoor go kart track when he turned 16 and got his license. Before he turned 16, he would have had to drive a "jr cart" so never wanted to go, because we couldn't "race".

Each kart has a transponder and your fast lap shows up on a ranking board with the 11 other karts so you can look up and see how you are doing during the race. They give you your Kart number and I get into mine. My son is a few karts back. The race starts and I'm passing people and about lap 5, have a clear track. I lookup at the board and I'm second fastest, so I really start beating the heck out of it. Still second fastest.

Then I get a bump in the back. "that must be the fastest" I think. I move over to let him by and its my kid. I try to keep up for a few laps, but I can't.

My son ended up with the 11th fastest lap of the month only the second time he had been on the track. We haven't gone back because I'm afraid if he improves him times he'll convince himself that is what he needs to do with his life, instead on school/career.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor