putting in a child booster seat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
Here's the problem. My wife and I want to take our son (3 years old) for a ride in our Century. The problem is that the booster seat we use for our van clearly states DO NOT use in a car with lap belts only. If only one of us is taking him, he can go in the front (not illegal, but not recommended). But if we all want to go out we're kinda stuck with the minivan (UGH!).

I'm sure some of you people have kids with these cars. Do you have any suggestions for a booster seat that will work in one of these cars?

Thanks,
Aaron

PS: My son, even this early, has a preference for the car!LOL

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
My dad set me on the floor on the passenger side when I was that small. Maybe you shouldn't do that :) I think it's fine to put the seat in the front. They're not recommended because new cars have air bags. Your car doesn't.

I just put my boys(4-5yrs) in without boosters, I am fairly certain it's legal. The booster was intended to raise them up for use with a shoulder strap anyway. More than likely you are going to be ten times more cautious driving than most, just because you're in your old car. If you're still uncomfortable with it, buy a child seat with a five-point that will strap into your hotrod, then you don't have to take it in and out either.
I hate minivans, not much cool going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor