Q: As of 4/12/23, what current baseball player has hit safely in every MLB game he's ever played in?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A: Jordan Walker, Right Fielder for the St. Louis Cardinals.

Went 1-4 today vs. the Rockies to hit safely in his first 12 games of his career with a broken-bat single to left. Guy's so good he never played a day in AAA ball. He's tied for the MLB record for most games to start a career 20 years-old or younger for a rookie (Philadelphia Athletics' Eddie Murphy way back in 1912). He's not even going to turn 21 until May. Maybe he'll break that record at home tomorrow vs. the very dangerous Pirates. If not, it's still would be a goot thing to tie an MLB record two weeks into your big league career. 5 more games in a row with a hit and he'll be tied for the most ever to start a career at any age.

Big, strong kid at 6'5" and can bench press a locomotive. As soon as they can teach him how to adjust his launch angle, he's likely to pick up where Albert Pujols left off. Maybe he'll be dubbed "The Machine 2.0". Lots of potential. Hopefully it'll be a fun season.

Jordan Walker.png

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
very dangerous Pirates
As a Pittsburgher and someone who absolutely abhors the Pirates ( just like anyone else with half a brain in this town)....
The Office Lol GIF

They might win a few games but they are still run and owned by a hillbilly crook who could give a rats *ss about Pittsburgh, baseball, or winning. He makes enough money selling 1970s nostalgia and $12 hot dogs to anyone dumb enough to go to the stadium that he doesn't need to win. Most or all of the decent players they have now will be gone by the trade deadline.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Unfortunately I remain a red sox fan first and foremost. That means I'm hoping they lose enough games this year to finally fire that idiot bloom and be done with it, and go back to trying to win.

As long as he's the PBO, I won't be spending a penny on anything related to the team

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It's awesome baseball is back!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
As a Pittsburgher and someone who absolutely abhors the Pirates ( just like anyone else with half a brain in this town)....
The Office Lol GIF

They might win a few games but they are still run and owned by a hillbilly crook who could give a rats *ss about Pittsburgh, baseball, or winning. He makes enough money selling 1970s nostalgia and $12 hot dogs to anyone dumb enough to go to the stadium that he doesn't need to win. Most or all of the decent players they have now will be gone by the trade deadline.
Yeah, I agree about the Pirates' ownership. Too bad, they could have a really great team if they'd spend a little money and shake off the stupid. But where did THIS version of the Pirates come from? They've been the Central punching bags for the most part. They kept saying they were in the "Rebuilding Season"...but for the 19th time? Dormant for years, then all of a sudden they open this season kicking some serious butt. The return of 'Cutch probably revved them up some. Cardinals can't seem to get that guy out for whatever reason. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have Reynolds and Joe swingin' their lumber the way they are.

This season, the Cardinals' offense looks like the most powerful lineup they've had in years which is just starting to gel, and if they can ever get their starting pitching figured out, they're going to climb out of that hole they're in. Donovan, Goldschmidt, Arenado, Gorman, O'Neill and Walker are dangerous hitters and if they can get Contreras going, it will be a strong lineup going to the plate nearly every inning. But then again, the Yankees did last year and they were at home during the World Series, too.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yeah, I agree about the Pirates' ownership. Too bad, they could have a really great team if they'd spend a little money and shake off the stupid. But where did THIS version of the Pirates come from? They've been the Central punching bags for the most part. They kept saying they were in the "Rebuilding Season"...but for the 19th time? Dormant for years, then all of a sudden they open this season kicking some serious butt. The return of 'Cutch probably revved them up some. Cardinals can't seem to get that guy out for whatever reason. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have Reynolds and Joe swingin' their lumber the way they are.
Cherington had a couple seasons to work with. He spent a LONG time working under Theo Epstein and did well drafting and building minor league talent in his own right.

Once he joined the organization, it was less a question of IF they'd stop being NL punching bags, but when. Now the only question is if ownership will creak open the dusty wallet and supplement the team to go towards the top.

Nov 4, 2012
But where did THIS version of the Pirates come from?
Luck, happenstance, a few favorable off-season deals that just coincidentally fell into place. It was bound to happen eventually, even a broken clock is right twice a day. It still won't change their operations. Nutting is shortsighted and just doesn't care. He likes marketing more than baseball.

What pisses me off is that the MLB has allowed it to go on this long. It's obvious there is no interest in putting forward a competitive team. The second the Pirates get a hot player they trade them off for a bunch of money and a couple prospects.

Admittedly I'm biased because I absolutely despise the Pirates ownership so until the team changes hands, I have a really hard time rooting for them.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Admittedly I'm biased because I absolutely despise the Pirates ownership so until the team changes hands, I have a really hard time rooting for them.
Don't feel knocked up or out of place. I've always had a hard time rooting for the Pirates. Especially when they play the Cardinals. But credit is given where credit is due. They've got a lot of potential. Sometimes poorly-managed teams still find a way to win.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
A: Jordan Walker, Right Fielder for the St. Louis Cardinals.

Went 1-4 today vs. the Rockies to hit safely in his first 12 games of his career with a broken-bat single to left. Guy's so good he never played a day in AAA ball. He's tied for the MLB record for most games to start a career 20 years-old or younger for a rookie (Philadelphia Athletics' Eddie Murphy way back in 1912). He's not even going to turn 21 until May. Maybe he'll break that record at home tomorrow vs. the very dangerous Pirates. If not, it's still would be a goot thing to tie an MLB record two weeks into your big league career. 5 more games in a row with a hit and he'll be tied for the most ever to start a career at any age.

Big, strong kid at 6'5" and can bench press a locomotive. As soon as they can teach him how to adjust his launch angle, he's likely to pick up where Albert Pujols left off. Maybe he'll be dubbed "The Machine 2.0". Lots of potential. Hopefully it'll be a fun season.

View attachment 219122
he's got a long way to go to make it to the top of the list...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor