Q-Logic Kick Panels, anyone using them? How do ya like 'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Hey there, I was just checking out what Q-Logic had for kick panels and was wondering if anyone here has used them? and what do you think about 'em?

I have a set of Kicker 3.5"s in the dash but they just don't totally do it for me... (I nuked the drivers side one all ready, I think bass reducers would've been a good investment, they sound great, just don't handle bass)...

I was planning on using the Q-Logic kick panels with 5 1/4's or 6 1/2's and tweeters, replace the dead 3.5", add a set of bass reducers for the 3.5's, and then get a set of 6x9s to replace the Kicker 4x10's... Add an amp and call it a day until I get some time to build a box for 2 10 or 12" woofers...

Any recomendations for good speakers?

I'd need a set of 5 1/4's or 6 1/2's
and a set of 6x9's

Would Kicker products do the job? or would you use something else? I don't think their 5 1/4s have really good reviews, and their 6 1/2s are 6's and 6 3/4's....

Thanks,
Bobby

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
It looked like using those kick panels would have required relocating the ECM, and I wasn't willing to do that. If you're not using an ECM or can move it to behind the glove box then go for it.
You should look into a component set for your 4 front speakers. These will come with a crossover that will allow your 3.5's to live longer.

Here's the short version of my system:
Pioneer head unit, iPod interface connects in glove box and is controlled by head unit
Polk Audio 5.25” (mounted in Buick CSII door panels) component speaker set w/ 3.5" in dash location
low profile Boston Acoustics 6x9” speaker set mounted in adapters
Infinity 200 watt subwoofer in the trunk
Kenwood 720 watt 4-channel amplifier also in the trunk
:shock:

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
my friend has some in his blazer, they look and sound good

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
I have them in my cutlass, they work great and you do not have to move the computer.

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
i first bought a set of lower door panels with the speaker cutout for my 87 El Camino but decided to go with the Q Logic instead. they were way cheaper, easier to install and didn't have to move the computer but i did have to adjust the parking brake. call them directly and you can have them price match. saved an extra $30 that way.

Attachments

• 87 Elco Int.jpg
    87 Elco Int.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 2,182

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Sweet, those look great!...

I found them on ebay for $139.99 vs. Their $189.99.... Looks like they'll be one of my next purchases..

As far as the "computer" (more like a useless box) goes, that was ditched on my '80 in '83 right after the warranty ran up...

anyways thanks for the input...

What are you runnin' for tweeters in 'em?

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
i have two way Infinity 5032cf 5.25" in the kick panels and 3022cf 3.5" speakers in the dash. the head unit in that photo is a JVC NX5000 single DIN dvd/nav headunit but i didn't like it and swapped it out for a Clarion NZ409 motorized unit. i like the new one much better. there are two amps in the cargo tray, a Directed 400w powering the head unit and speakers and a Sony 1000w Xplod powering a 10" subwoofer...

ibeeel2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have a set in my 79 Monte Carlo and the sound pretty good with my MB quart components. Nothing to move for me other than to bend the parking brake over a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor