quarter window

Status
Not open for further replies.

squinky33

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2009
Dallas,Texas
Hello I'm in da process of turning my 84 regal into a GN clone, my car has a vinyl top that i have removed. Does the side quarter window have a rubber seal around it because mind doesn't. Just wondering 8)

no not the ones for the vinyl top.u are gona need to find 1/4 glass for a hard top.those are the ones u need 8)

Ok I really don't want 2 take my 1/4 window out is there any that I can put a weatherstrip or something like black silicone caulk, please give me some advice :shock:

check out 3M's website. They have some really good stuff to use. I took my vinyl off and didn't replace the glass. Get some of the caulk/sealant that is in like a bar or stick. What I did was put no hardening lengths of it between the metal and glass and then put hardening lengths on top of that. On the inside I put a bead of black silicone on and will probably fashion me a finishing molding strip out of something to make it "perty". Check on ebay to get the supplies. I did and saved a ton of cash. Hope that helps.

Im really cheap so i just cut the top around the window with a razor blade then trimmed the excess away. It looks ok to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor