Question about bench to bucket seat conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
My '79 LeMans has a full bench seat and I want to find a set of bucket seats from a GP or Monte Carlo. Would the floor already have provisions for mounting the inner tracks or is that something I will have to weld in myself. I know a lot of new cars have provisions for various options whether they come with it or not and I wonder if this is the same? I know the simple answer would be to tear out the interior and look myself, but I'm still in the planning stages of what I want to do and haven't started to tear it apart yet. If it's going to be too much to do I might just keep the bench, I've never welded before so I'm a little reluctant to do it if that's what it needs.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
yes you will need to add "inner" floor brackets you could propably rivet them i your welding confidence isnt up to par.i have both the brackets, and the seats you need.the brackets ill let go for 40.00 shipped,and the seats 150.00+shipping.i had them posted on here with pics,they are from an 85 monte ss and are in excellent cond.no tears,rips,stains,etc fully reclinable,and opperate perfectly.pm me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor