Question About Monte Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoNTeKiNg

n00b
May 26, 2008
Hi, I recently bought an 81' Monte Carlo with some front end damage. I was searching on craigslist and found a bumper and grill for 75 dollars off an 85' monte carlo and I was wondering if it would fit. Thanks

-Travis

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
MoNTeKiNg said:
Hi, I recently bought an 81' Monte Carlo with some front end damage. I was searching on craigslist and found a bumper and grill for 75 dollars off an 85' monte carlo and I was wondering if it would fit. Thanks

-Travis

Yes - a grill from any 81-86 SC will fit fine. You do not want a gril from an 86-88 LS though.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Is the 85 Monte a SS or SC? If it is an SS you will need all kinds of parts other than the bumper and grille.

An 85 SC grille will be technically different but will bolt on to your 81 just fine.

MoNTeKiNg

n00b
May 26, 2008
Thanks for the help and I have an SC. Also does anyone know where I could find some chrome grill inserts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor