Question about removing vinyl top

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureSeal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2009
Hey guys I'm gonna get my 87 regal limited painted here pretty soon and i was wondering what all would need to be done to get rid of the vinyl top, Will I just need to find trim for the back 1/4 glasses and the rear window?

Thanks,
Marshall H.

85' 3.8 Limited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2010
yeah. I have an 85 Regal limited and I redid the paint job on it. The only things im missing (because of laziness) is the trim for the rear window and the Regal badges near the 1/4rs. I still have the trim for the 1/4rs on the car, but you could get them if you wanted to. Hope this helps out!!!

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
I'm doing the conversion on my cutlass now. I went to the junkyard today and found the rear trim, quarter windows, and trunk filler panel off a hardtop regal. I thought that I could use it on my cutlass, but I was wrong. Let me know if you need these parts.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Here's a few pics. I have the trunk filler, driver's and passenger's quarter glasses, top and sides rear window moldings, a few of the attachment clips and screws, and the metal pieces that hold the trunk filler to the body. Everything is in pretty good condition. The filler piece had a little surface rust on the front and rear(I sanded and primed the front) and the chrome moldings could use a little polish.

Attachments

• regalhtbaggy.jpg
    regalhtbaggy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 587
  • regalhtquaterwindows.jpg
    regalhtquaterwindows.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 600
  • regalhtpackage.jpg
    regalhtpackage.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 623
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor