Question For Those With Factory Manual Trans Cars

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
In the process of doing a frame-off restoration of my ‘78 Regal, I’m also converting it to a 4 speed manual. My end goal is for the car to appear as factory original as possible, so I’d like everything about the trans swap to be “right”. That being said, where does the backup lamp harness (from the trans) enter the cabin?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
In the process of doing a frame-off restoration of my ‘78 Regal, I’m also converting it to a 4 speed manual. My end goal is for the car to appear as factory original as possible, so I’d like everything about the trans swap to be “right”. That being said, where does the backup lamp harness (from the trans) enter the cabin?
There's a dimple in the center of the firewall where it'll need to be drilled out to 29mm (about 1 9/64"). It'll be #16 in the pic. Also the clutch rod hole will be #11 where the is three dimples unless you have cruise control (#12) which the hole would already be opened with the mounting screw wole dimples will be around it. For the clutch it suppose to be 51mm (about 2") on the center dimple, cruise is at 38mm (about 1.5").
DSCN4412.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
There's a dimple in the center of the firewall where it'll need to be drilled out to 29mm (about 1 9/64"). It'll be #16 in the pic. Also the clutch rod hole will be #11 where the is three dimples unless you have cruise control (#12) which the hole would already be opened with the mounting screw wole dimples will be around it. For the clutch it suppose to be 51mm (about 2") on the center dimple, cruise is at 38mm (about 1.5").
View attachment 226250

Thank you, this is perfect!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor