Quick Performance 9" Rear Brake Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
You'll be grinding the fck out of the calipers, why I went with the LT1 Fbody Rear Disc. Fit a 15" wheel nicely.

It's the right size, no doubt there (even for a bigger wheel). It just clicked that I had all that LS1 stuff on hand and no other use for it.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
To throw some thought into this - stock Exploder 8.8 disc brakes fit a 15” wheel and bolt into a big ford wheel end. They need a thin ring spacer that Strange sells for about $20 between the seal and plate.

Very budget friendly and stock, readily available parts.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I can safely say that I’m sure the exploder brake bolts onto a big 9” wheel end without issue.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I can safely say that I’m sure the exploder brake bolts onto a big 9” wheel end without issue.

Ehh, do I have a big 9" wheel end?

And to the bolt pattern being universal, why couldn't more stuff be that way?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I believe the big Ford 9” wheel end (also referred to as a Torino end) is universal.

Quicks has a reference page with measurements - I’ve seen it there. I measured for a week at the JY before ordering the ends and buying the kit with pucks and bar to weld them in. image.jpg image.jpg

This me waiting for axles to be redrilled haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor