quick what should it run question

Status
Not open for further replies.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
myspace.com
just so i dont get butthurt at it when i go the track lol.

81 malibu
95 truck 350, 300 miles on rebuild
^^^^^^^^ stock heads
fresh ls6 valve springs
750 vac holley
performer intake (not RPM waiting to get Vortec's before new intake)
Lunati 00010 (bracket master II details below)

Basic Operating RPM Range 2,000-6,000
Duration at 050 inch Lift 230 int./230 exh.
Advertised Duration 292 int./292 exh.
Valve Lift 0.480 int./0.480 exh.
Lobe Separation (degrees) 109

TH350 stout shift kit
a stall that should footbrake to 25-2800 rpm
v6 springs all around
no heat/air box
electric fan

anyone ever had anything close to this, or care to take a shot in the dark as to what it should run? i figure i'll be lucky if it clicks some low 14's. comments/criticizms welcomed

Jon Corey

thats about what i was thinking. hope it fulls me and runs some 13's. not getting my hopes up at all. needs some fine tuning for shure. and when i get a little money shoehorned some real heads

I think a intake upgrade is definitely need the cam and carb are a little much for the short runners on a performer intake. I think you may finde right now that you have a little too much carburetor on this motor...could be wrong no expert....Im running 87 caprice cop car heads and what a difference when I installed them!

fodoimp said:
I think a intake upgrade is definitely need the cam and carb are a little much for the short runners on a performer intake. I think you may finde right now that you have a little too much carburetor on this motor...could be wrong no expert....Im running 87 caprice cop car heads and what a difference when I installed them!

whats the difference in those and vortechs?

vortecs should flow better lol. thats all i know. yea i know it's over carbed. just didnt want to have to buy another one down the road when i got good heads and an intake.

how fast

you didn't say if you replaced your pistons and what the compression is.

i used a motor out of a 89 pick-up, heads and all...but replaced the pistons with some trw 2256f that gave me 9.7 compression ratio

i got a new steel intake from chevy, a z28 style

i use a bottom of the page cam... chet hebert mechanical .500 lift :twisted:

it sounded bad assed, but could'nt run a 14.50.... so to make a long story short i put a set of stock vortec's and changed the cam to a xe262h with a super victor intake a 750 mighty demon and first time out it went 13.60s and with some tuning a 12.90 😀 i put a 100 shot on it and got 12.22 before i burnt a hole in #7 cylinder due to the fact the holley blue pump could'nt keep up with the carb an the spray.....jesse

I think you may find right now that you have a little too much carburetor on this motor..

I agree...a 600 will work alot better on that engine than that 750

I just picked up a vortec rpm air gap intake so I'll let you know how it works when I finish up the 355....oh and I paid $200 for the intake and tall aluminum valve covers.... 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor