racing harness help

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2009
cleveland
i was reading up on here about 3 weeks or so ago and i saw someone with a racing style harness that didnt have a cage installed in there car but the harness latched into there rear seat belts if anyone has a set or know who makes them and were to get them from please let me know thanks poorman

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Bump

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Doing the mount like that is like sleeping with a loaded gun in your mouth.On the box most brands give limits on angle and distance from your shoulders.Mounting them like that which most ricers do will get you hurt in a wreck it can and will mess up your back, And the belts are not street legal at all.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Not legal by either the NHRA or D.O.T.

Don't do it.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Your standard 3 point seat belts are safe for any street car.My 68 mustang i have 5 points to road race it but daily i use just a lap belt in it.Over a 3 point is over kill and might get you a ticket.I have not seen any harness that are D.O.T. legal.I seen a ton of kids in imports here that put 5 points in there car and mount the shoulder belts to the rear seat bolts i can't believe people are that dumb.Always read the box and instructions on seat belts.

montessaj

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Lampasas, Texas
I have 3pt corbeau belts in mine. They actually are DOT approved. Also, the instructions specify to attach them where the rear seat belt bolts go. The angle puts it where it will not pull down on your back in an accident.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
montessaj,
Could you tell me a part number and/or post the instructions that show they are D.O.T. approved?

They may be an option for a SCCA type street car.

Still won't pass NHRA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor