racing harness help

Status
Not open for further replies.

montessaj

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Lampasas, Texas
Shotgun, if you go to Corbeau's site and look at 3 pt SNAP in belts they snap to rings you install where the seatbelt bolts went into the floor. You can still retain the original seatbelts if you want you well just have to snap in the harness when you race at the track. I have the black 3pts but they come in all sorts of color and my patch on the lap belt says conforms to all DOT standards.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
First, understand I am looking into this for my own education, not to pick on anyone.

I see nothing that states the Corbeau are DOT APPROVED. Meeting the DOT standard is something different all together.

I think meeting DOT standard is clever marketing talk.

I can buy DOT brake fluid, does the DOT check every brand? No, the manufacturer is saying it meets thier spec.

Meeting thier build standards is different then having them tested by the DOT for approval, which costs big money. I learned a bit about this during my F.O.M. training threw GM.

Schrothracing does have DOT Approval for certain cars only.

From thier site:

"SCHROTH harness belts meet all certification requirements by the German TÜV, ECE-R 16.04 and US-DOT FMVSS 209 for use on public roads. Each belt comes with complete installation and operating instructions.
***THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART****If your vehicle is listed in the included Vehicle Reference List the installation has been tested and appoved with the stock seat or the listed aftermarket seats.

SCHROTH QuickFit harnessbelts have the make and model of the applicable car printed on the tail strap label."

Can you get away with it, most likely, but strictly talking they are illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor