Radar Detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was heading to Toronto yesterday and happened to see a vehicle pass me with his radar detector mounted to his front window. He was from Pensylvania and I don't know if dectors are legal there and perhaps he was unaware that radar detectors are illegal thoughout Canada. Here you lose the detector and get fined so for those who use one...( I take the 5th)...hide it. In Ontario there are 3 OPP cruisers (maybe more now) that have detection devices that can alert them of a radar dector in your vehicle even if it's a passive dectector. Those detection devices cost around $80,000 so you know there's not too many cruisers with them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it was a detector for sure...the shape was tapered down at the back and it was longer than a sat unit....in fact it was very similar to the detector I have. :twisted:

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
The trick (or so I'm told...) is to keep a cheesy $5 swap meet detector in the car so that when your hidden detector sets off one of the detector detectors, you don't lose your expensive unit. :lol:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
joe...your right and there's always a busted dectector on ebay to buy but the cops aren't dumb all the time. For a while now they plug the unit you gave them in to see if they work... :roll:

evan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK
pontiacgp said:
... perhaps he was unaware that radar detectors are illegal thoughout Canada. ...

Radar detectors are legal in Saskatchewan.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
^^^..I never knew that..whats the speed limits there?

and thanks for correcting me... :D

evan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK
No prob. The maximum limit on the highways is 110km/h, but most secondary highways are still 100km/h.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
do you have the point system in Saskatchewan...and you guys have the RCMP on the highways don't ya? I heard they can be kinda mean

evan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK
Yup, we have the point system and it sucks. The only good part is that even if you get a ticket on the highway, you only get points off if you're going 30km/h or more over the limit. That means in a 110 zone 139 you'll probably get a ticket, but you won't get points taken off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor