Radar Detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
here in Ontario it's 3 points from 16 to 29 k's and 4 points from 30 to 49 and 6 points 50 and up...

Did you know that we would lose points if you get caught speeding in michagan or new york? Ont. has an agreement with its border states that alow this.

^^^...your right but most of the time the violation isn't reported....

and the rules concerning radar detectors in the US

Michigan Radar and Laser Jammer laws

Radar laser detectors and laser jammers are legal to own and operate in passenger vehicles in the state of Michigan.

Currently the only state that it is illegal to operate a radar detector is Virginia and Washington D.C.

Laser jammers are illegal to operate in the states of: Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado and Washington DC.

Radar jammers are illegal to own and/or operate in all 50 states per the Federal Communications Commission.

Radar detectors are also illegal in commercial vehicles weighing over 10,000 pounds in all fifty states, per Title 49 Transportation Act.

Radar detectors are also illegal to operate on any military base.

I'm a truckdriver and they would nail me to the wall if they could. I not sure why they treat someone with a CDL so differently! A good friend of mine got nailed in mich at 61mph (55mph max for comercail vehicles) and paid dearly for the fine then like 4 months later got a letter from the MTO. I forget how many points he lost.

he shouldn't have lost (got) any points in Ont since he was only 10 clicks over..it's only at 16 and over when the points start....I don't know if they add the CVOR points though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor