Radiator to firewall brace mounts

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Ok soon going to be putting the braces I'm making for 78 monte project. Having looked at pictures of the long braces used on these years ,it's seems to me there simply pinch bolted to the water bucket troff (thin area) front face/ lip , my braces weren't included when I bought roller. Severl posts on here discuss relevant and non relevant concerns to useing braces... The thing is if these braces bolt to that troff edge wouldn't it be better to have a triangular peice of steel" say about 3/16"thick fabed and fastened to the firewall itself and match the brace position holes and use some self tapping bolts to zap reinforcing peice tight there above the distributor. Any one doing anything with these bracket mount positions here?I found out that without these braces and with sloppy core bushings you get a hellacious rattle "on bumpy roads..sorry if i borrowed your picture also bye the way I'm not certain I feel any holes ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240625-110533_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625-110533_Firefox.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor