RAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well, she's been denying the cat story on the local news. Don't know if I believe her or not, though....
Yeah, I could understand her trying to deny her story, especially if it makes her look like a ogre in everyones eyes.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
100 years ago there were floods that tore through A LOT of major US cities. Name a city on a river and there was huge, devastating flood. People got smart and built capture basins and reservoirs and people stopped dying in floods. Then, in the 1980's and 90's, the IDIOTS came and stocked the reservoirs with bass and kept them at full pool year round because they looked prettier and "people have to have a place to boat", and they even built houses inside the walls of the capture basins, because the land was "a good deal".

The old timers that built the reservoirs and the capture basins are rolling over in their graves and the fake new media blames the devastation and tragedies on "man made climate change".

sure.

I you ever see 2 or more feet of moving water on a city street in a town that is 100 years old, either a dam broke, or there is an criminally negligent idiot managing the water level upstream.

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
When Ellicott City (founded 1772) got flooded in 2016, they called it "a thousand year flood"- now this. There are pictures of hurricane Agnes in 1972 where the water was up to 3rd and 4th story windows. I know an older country-boy that's been here 73 years, and claims that this is more rain than we got in 72. However, "thousand year" floods 2 years apart make me seriously question runoff management.......

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Raining a bunch here again. Our fishing spot is full again, wife caught two 7 pound Walleye the other night. They let out a bunch of water, was way low last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Pics or it didn't happen.
Oh yeeh of little faith. I caught a common sucker and a tiny Walleye. My wife caught two this size. I believe her on the second one, I have seen what she catches many times.
Resized_20180608_163928_1917.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OK, after seeing what Clutch is dealing with, news stories on floods & landslides thru out the months, my grass won't stop growing, nothing seems to dry out or even stay dry if it does, will it ever end long enough to see my grass turn brown? It's the middle of August it just won't go away. Will the north east just become one with the Atlantic? :itchy:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor