Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WRC style Rally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Which is more interesting to watch, WRC style rally racing where the cars are flying (literally) over dirt roads and hills through the woods, or NASCAR oval track racing where cars that are all about equal go around in circles for a few hours?

rally cars by a landslide! my uncle races them! nascar is cool but i not as interesting as rally car racing.

actually i prefer gt1 and higher style racing. 160+mph and 90 through the hairpin. rally is a close second.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Which is more interesting to watch, WRC style rally racing where the cars are flying (literally) over dirt roads and hills through the woods, or NASCAR oval track racing where cars that are all about equal go around in circles for a few hours?

I never really could get into racing. Racing is like golf... it's fun to play, but brutal to watch. I guess that rally would be more interesting to watch than NASCAR, but probably for the reason that cars are more likely to fly where they're not supposed to. Which is a sure reason that a ton of people watch racing. Crashes are fun.

Not really, but... you know what I mean.

"they're making a left turn!!!!"

Rally is better, but the same crippling rules apply.

Because there is a time restraint, if you get there outside of a certain time window you can lose. At least the last one I watched on SPEED a while back was like that so I turned it off.

It's just like bracket racing; you can win with a chevette if you're consistent. That actually makes NASCAR more competitive because you can't win with a chevette!

mcsslover1987 said:
megaladon6 said:
"they're making a left turn!!!!"

And on road coarses the'll occasionally make a right turn :lol:

i saw that once, wouldn't have believed it was nascar except that they were doing about 30mph. :lol:

im def going to have to side with NASCAR. I hate all the open wheel stuff (except modifieds and dirt cars) like formula 1 because its much more political and expensive than nascar. Its not right to tell people to let their teammate by, its a race. All the computers in the cars and traction control and stuff makes it a game of timing stuff right, not necessarily car control. Sure, rally is impressive to watch, but its no more exciting to me than watching qualifying for a nascar race. I want to see drivers competing against drivers, not the clock. I love nascar but unfortunately, i think they're straying from their roots especially with the car of tomorrow. nascar needs to go back to having the manufacturers compete against each other to build cars (rear wheel drive), that will be raced i.e. "stock" car racing. o and while i'm on this little rant, i didnt see a whole lot of NASCAR support in this thread, however wasn't nascar mostly made up of G-bodies in the 80s?

rally by far. nascar is way to strctured i hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor