RANT!!! Motherf****ing Malibu

What would you do if I parted the car out and sent it to the crusher?

• Find me and kick my a**

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Wouldn't care

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Buy the car

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Buy parts from it

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its probably more of my first college year finishing up now and it was the biggest nightmare where everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.

The malibu is my first car so I doubt I'll do what I was thinking last night. I'm just really upset cause the car was "not supposed" to break down the way it did since most of it was new. The only old part was that damn driveshaft.

Blake my car is not the cherry southern car you think it is. I spent a sh**load of time doing bodywork because it sat in the guys yard for years and spent most of its time down in New Orleans, ie ocean air. What we guys down south get lucky with rust free bodies, sometimes, we get crappy interiors that turn to dust from the hot sun and vice versa for you guys up north. My malibu has seen 10ft of snow in maine and survived hurricane katrina, so that must be a sign of something.

I wasn't really ever a perfectionist with the malibu, I just wanted to get it running. Then lately I began to realize more and more about "doing it right the first time". Then the roadrunner came into perspective and kind of shed new light on the hobby for me. An untouched original survivor, that just left me in a state of awe. So now I'm doing everything right on the malibu as far as where to place switches, how to put parts on the right way instead of rushing it. I just feel like I'm rushing to get the thing done and I don't know why.

All the stuff you listed that you need to do is easy, and you already have all the stuff to do it. Wuss. :blam:
Kiss my a**

trust me man,my project cutlass isnt done yet and all i did was an engine/transmission swap.This is the first time i did soemthing like this before,let alone buy an $800 race motor,but i never figured i'd be this bad.So far,i've spent $2000 on my car over 7 months with no job or budget and me thinking this type of swap would be bolt in and go was far from expected and its not even running yet! Many times have i flipped sh*t and said "sell this POS,I'm done with it""every other part I put on this car needs to be modified" and i'd go throw a wrench out the garage door and light up a cigarette.I still havent gave up,no matter how much i trash talk my cutlass,i wont abandon it,but Like everyone said these projects take time,wheither its a resto,hotrod or souping it up like me.I expected my project over by april,now its mid may already and i still am buying parts for it and am constantely dealing with companies sending me the wrong parts! :blam:

I kinda agree with Blake, if you can't handle this, then get out now. That's not a slam just truth. Look around on craigslist or wherever and see how many "project" cars are being sold.
This won't get better or change anytime soon.

THIS IS HOT RODDING!!!!!

Then to make things worse you have TWO projects. That's generally a very big mistake. As you can tell the Malibu alone is demanding mor attention then you bargaind for. Again that's nothing new.

There is some hope though. Like people have already said, walk away for a bit, go have some fun, etc. Then when you come back to it, get some poster board and make a checklist of everything that needs done. But take that a step further and break every project done to the smallest steps possible. It will look like gobs of work, but you will be able to start crossing things of quickly because they are such small projects. That can help to restart your drive to keep going.

And you have to stop waffling back and forth betwwen the Bu and the Roadrunner, it will just add to this aggravation. If you stick with the Bu for now, try to relocatw the Roadrunner or at least put it somewhere you won't see it all the time and cover it up. Out of sight, out of mind.
Good luck!

patmckinneyracing said:
All the stuff you listed that you need to do is easy, and you already have all the stuff to do it. Wuss. :blam:
Kiss my a**

:rofl:

seriously though... like everyone else said, take a step back and come back to it later... being your first car, if you scrap it after all the work you did, you'll regret it years from now. My first car went to the junkyard after it threw the #1 rod through the oil pan, and I'd give my left nut to have it back again...

wow wow buddy don't do something you might regret! hang on to it and work on something else for a little while you will come back to it again or if you don't you won't be so quick to send her to the bone yard. if i had a nickle for all the cars that pissed me off :blam:

If you send that car to the crusher, I think we're going to have to ban you from owning any "real man's " car again. You'll be forced to drive 4 cylinder cars for the rest of your life. STI's not included!!!Just kidding, but seriously I think finals are getting to you. If anything you should be excited that you'll actually have time after schools out to work on your toys.

If you junk it let me know where so i can go pick it up 😀 But seriously your Malibu is a nice ride and if you give up now you WILL regret it later on. I "walked" away from mine a few months ago and that's just with the front suspension rebuild :shock: My car is nowhere as nice as yours and i am dreading the bodywork and paint. Even though i supposedly finished my engine swap last year i am already making plans for the LS engine swap and manual trans swap. So look at it as a work in progress and take it slow sooner or later you will get it all done. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor