Rarest Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
Not quite sure how they it. I've never taken them apart. It makes sense, though, why they did it. The rear passengers have their own door to get in and out of.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am not sure if has been mentioned and I don't know if they are rare but I thought the illuminated passenger side Buick in my 86' was pretty cool.

20200229_170012-1.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
How about bucket seats for a 4 door sedan? I have a pair that I pulled out of a 1978 Cutlass Salon 4 door sedan about 8 years ago. The car had the base Buick 231 V6, the base Saginaw 3-speed floor shift, and bucket seats. They are non-reclining and non-foldable. They will only work in a 4-dr sedan since they don't fold down.
I know the Chevrolet Malibu 4 doors were not available with bucket seats. I have seen several Cutlass Salon models with buckets. I have also seen a 4 door Grand Am with them. Not sure if the Buick Century could be had with buckets on a 4 door. But I will agree that a 78-81 A body 4 door with buckets is definitely an anomaly.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Today I discovered foil-faced (on both sides) jute watershields on my 81 base Malibu. Haven't seen that before. They appear to be OE, the holes are die-cut .

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
That early cutlass 4dr buckets is an interesting one. I've seen a 4dr Grand Am with buckets and console but never any other 4dr G bodies.

78-83 regal "rally" cluster, the one with water temp, and voltage. I have this one in my wagon, it actually came out of a 83 regal wagon with cruise and power rear vent windows.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how loaded this wagon was. Remote passenger mirror, rear defog, the nice cluster, cruise, rear power vent windows. I think it was a limited 83. Two tone blue. Sadly the roof got cut off for someones 32 ford presumeably and had a Caddy as a hat.

1583024322039.png

1583039589913.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
That early cutlass 4dr buckets is an interesting one. I've seen a 4dr Grand Am with buckets and console but never any other 4dr G bodies.

78-83 regal "rally" cluster, the one with water temp, and voltage. I have this one in my wagon, it actually came out of a 83 regal wagon with cruise and power rear vent windows.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how loaded this wagon was. Remote passenger mirror, rear defog, the nice cluster, cruise, rear power vent windows. I think it was a limited 83. Two tone blue. Sadly the roof got cut off for someones 32 ford presumeably and had a Caddy as a hat.

View attachment 137749

View attachment 137786
oh yes, one of the many double deckers out there. i managed to get the tail gate panel off of that one. and complete front and rear power window set up, rotted doors and all, off a red two tone 83 regal limited wagon from that yard. now i just have to install them. lol

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Cuz, ya never know when you barrel roll it, land back on all 4, and need to get out the sunroof..... 🤔
I did that with a VW Beetle when I was a senior in high school, had to crawl out the door window because the drip rail was smashed to the top of the door.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I am not sure if has been mentioned and I don't know if they are rare but I thought the illuminated passenger side Buick in my 86' was pretty cool.

View attachment 137727

My Regal has that too, didn't know it was rare.

A rare part, really a system, was a dealership add on anti vapor lock kit. It was a small electric fan for cooling the fuel line and carb for Monte Carlos and Camaros with the HO L69.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016

View attachment 137749

View attachment 137786
I recall about a year ago a member looking for glass from one of those early Skylark/Cutlass coupes on the roof of the old wagon. The taillights seem to be gone from the white Caddy. They were a really popular conversion on the 88-98 GM pick-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor