Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
79wagonator said:
Has anyone tried this
http://www.eastwood.com/paints/2k-aero- ... aints.html
Eastwood makes a 2part ceramic paint in a spray can and an epoxy primer with a wide spray pattern.
Haven't tried it but Looks pretty cool to me
Here's their description
Eastwood's New 2-Component Ceramic Aero-Spray™. Paint has the durability and precision of a 2-component coating without the paint gun! The two-chamber design mixes the ceramic fortified coating and activator right in the can—no paint gun required—no mess to clean up. Innovative nozzle technology sprays with a wide spray pattern giving you excellent coverage and more control than conventional aerosols. Formulated with Eastwood's proprietary Nano Ceramic Technology to provide you a long lasting, beautiful and durable coating.

I have used Sparymax's brand and it works well, much better than normal aerosol cans.

Cw1228

n00b
Jul 13, 2011
sebring fl
Longroof79 said:
Tractor Supply- Farm Implement, semi-flat black, or better known as John Deere Blitz Black is a Valspar product. However, I noticed that Tractor Supply no longer carries that brand anymore. They now have a brand called Majic. I have not used this brand of paint yet, but was told that it supposed to be just as good.
I have used the Valspar semi-flat black, and it works well...easy to use.

i have used both couldnt tell the difference

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Cw1228 said:
less than 100 bucks, tractor supply matte black. this was the 1st car i painted, i also did a elky. my malibu sits out side in fl sun 330 days out of the year and has held up for 2 years now. paint is 29.99 a gallon and you can do 2 cars with that. buy the reducer and hardner, thats it. i think 75 for it all.
What do u reduce it with its oil base ? Regular stuff ? I want to use this on my Malibu also .... Any help appreciated

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
When you used the majic matte black implement paint from tractor supply what did you reduce it with etc ? Isn't it oil base ? I wanna use it on my Malibu any help is appreciated !

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
My wife and I painted our 93 Explorer using only spray cans - it actually came out good. We used the rust-prohibiting paint and then sprayed clear coat over it. It has held up well and does not look bad. Nice and shiny too.

Cw1228

n00b
Jul 13, 2011
sebring fl
elcaminodan said:
When you used the majic matte black implement paint from tractor supply what did you reduce it with etc ? Isn't it oil base ? I wanna use it on my Malibu any help is appreciated !

i used the reducer from tractor supply, just bought for another car the other day, 65 bucks i think for a gallon of matte black, hardner and reducer.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
When I used the Valspar satin black Farm Implement paint, I used the hardener and regular paint thinner. I've read on a blog where this guy painted a few trucks using this paint combination. He said he had good results, so i tried it. I didn't do a whole car, but tried it on a few panels. It worked quite well, too. Flowed out nicely.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Great I'm going to try it soon I hope works ok. Just wasn't sure if you used regular reducer since its oil based

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor