Re greasing sealed hubs!? (Blazer upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
Maybe try making an extension piece using a piece of old steel fuel line or something similar tubing to be able to fit between there. Kinda like the guy on the B-body forum did.
And again, it depends on how accessible the ABS sensor end is.
I went to chafazone (autozon) and they have a greas needle adapter. Looks just like a needle to put air in a sports ball? Wonder if that should be the easiest .I just under my car .I can! Get to it

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I went to chafazone (autozon) and they have a greas needle adapter. Looks just like a needle to put air in a sports ball? Wonder if that should be the easiest .I just under my car .I can! Get to it
It sounds like that apparatus may take you awhile to pump a sufficient amount of grease in the hubs.
If you can post a pic of what it looks like, or a link to the product.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
It sounds like that apparatus may take you awhile to pump a sufficient amount of grease in the hubs.
If you can post a pic of what it looks like, or a link to the product.
It's this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305-122033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305-122033_Chrome.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 270

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Just attach a zerk fitting to your grease gun, and then slip a 1ft. section of vacuum hose over the zerk. Fill it up... Done.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
True .thinking to snip the end .if not just gonna get a carb hose that fits in the and a zink fitting on the other end lol
....or you could do what the guy in the classB link did. Using a small piece of tubing, or pipe and screwing a Zerk fitting into the end. It looks like the tubing he used had the end closed off and drilled a small hole near the end for the grease to escape.
James ^^ pretty much presented a simple solution. Use a piece a hose and attach a zerk fitting. Attach it to your grease gun, put the end into the ABS port, pump it up and be done with it.
It shouldn't be complicated.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i have a some rather stupid questions to ask.
why do we need to add grease to a sealed bearing?
where did the grease go?
if i pack in too much grease, what will happen when it heats up and expands?
should i make a little dip stick for it, so i can check to see if its low?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Honestly, I did it because I couldn't stand to have a cut-off plug in the hub. A Zerk fitting made more sense, and more grease- just cuz. No rationality whatsoever.....

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor