Re-wiring Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Hi folks....I gutted my monte about 6 years ago, and almost done with a full restore/rebuild/modification I guess you would call it. I need to hook the wiring back up from the firewall to everything forward of that. I guess what I need to know/forgotten is how to wire the starter and alternator from the bulkhead wires (sorry if I dont have the terminology correct). I just need the bare minimum; starter/alt/ac (serp setup)/directionals/headlights/parking lights..... oh yeah and distributor/tach. Guess I just need to know the best way to figure this all out. Thanks a lot! :blam:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Just use the complete engine/light harness from another Monte/Malibu/ or any other Chevy powered G body. All the computer stuff is ran off a separate harness, so you won't have to deal with any of that. You can remove any wires you won't be using from the bulkhead connector. It would help to have a factory wiring diagram to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor