read this and give some thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
am i the only one who actually likes the four door g-bodies? everyone ive talked to always rags on em and makes fun of my car. i dont really give two sh*ts what anyone says about my car but i wanna know if im the only one that truly likes the 4 door cutlass. i know there are the wagon guys, and of course the malibu guys have some nice sedans. but i rarely see any 4 door cutlass'. and to make it even worse i have never seen one with the same front end i do. i have the single head light facia. keep in mind mine is a 80. i mean seriously, it is the same frame, same engines, same trans, same everything just with two more doors. interior really aint much bigger nor smaller. its just different. all in all im glad i sought out my car and bought it. it prolly has less miles than most daily driven newer vehicles. and to be honest it was the best car buying decision ive made to date. ill take a 80 cutlass with 89k original miles powered by a 305 740 quadrajet, pushed by a 350th, and the cleanest original, non smoking, everything in working order four door cutlass ive ever seen. and not to mention my grand arents had a old pontiac sedan when i was growin up. i have had a 83 monte and a 86 supreme, so i have nothing against the coupes. but honestly theyre a dime a dozen where i live. i see mcss at every corner. primered cuts drivin everywhere. and to be honest there is a surplus of el caminos in my area too. nothing against them. great cars. i love all g-bodies. ugly, pretty, franken-built, original, custom, show, strip, or street. but wheres the love for the 4 doors? :blam:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
they make a 4door cutty? i didnt know that. got any pics?

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
the 2 door have more value because there sporty,
if you spend money on a 4 door you will never get ur money back, matter effect you loose money when u sell it, U put the same amount money on a 2 door cutless, than u have an appreciated value for it, meaning in demand, more people intend to buy a 2 door,, but as u said u got ur money worth it, if you drive it till it dies, the only 4 door car's have value is the wagon in my opinion

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. this is my baby.

Attachments

• cutlassside.jpg
    cutlassside.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,278

Oregon350Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 4, 2008

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
bawazir said:
the 2 door have more value because there sporty,
if you spend money on a 4 door you will never get ur money back, matter effect you loose money when u sell it, U put the same amount money on a 2 door cutless, than u have an appreciated value for it, meaning in demand, more people intend to buy a 2 door,, but as u said u got ur money worth it, if you drive it till it dies, the only 4 door car's have value is the wagon in my opinion
i agree with you 1000000%. but anyone buying a gbody aready has a premeditated plan on what they want. we get and build these cars cuz we love them. cuz we want to express ourselves. not for resale value or if we loose money in the deal. its what we call a labor of love.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
with that labor in love, yes people going to see it and love it, but after there done looking at it, they will say: damn all those upgrade and money on A 4 DOOR lol, alot people would love but alot would thing it is a waste of money,,
i am sorry but i owned a 4 door Marauder people loved me but at the end of the day its damn 4 door

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
they do look like a smooshed caprice. but like i said in previous posts, ive grown up around the full framed v8 gm cars from the 80s. so these cars are beyond just a passion for me. took my first date in my 87 iroc to a drive in. did my first burnout in my 86 caprice. and got my first speeding violation in my 83 mc. 112 in a 65 at 2:13 am haha :wink: but still i never see any 4 door cuts with the same single headlamp setup i have.....where are they? i know i dont have the only one...

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
see thats what i mean. everyone cares what everyon thinks. so what if its a 4door? some of the most powerfull, prestigeous, clean cars have been a 4 door. my 80 cutlass has 92k miles as it sits now. my 86 caprice has 110k. i have had people wanting to take both of my hands since i signed the titles. what im gettin at is i guess noone cares for the 4 doors. your arguements are the same of everyone elses. its just a 4 door....**** it :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor