Ready for Christmas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Pizzelles ? Ahh some Italian heritage ! My grandmother made cheese straws with a pinch of Cayenne , and mini cannoli,s

Reactions: 1 user

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
I'm going to tip my postman this year for great service. They work a half day today- I'll put a bill in an envelope out for him. COX where I am advertises that WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS IN THE DIGITAL AGE. So is my postman LOL.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
i am,i made six dozen pizzelles yesterday.i give them to certain people as gifts.growing up i used to make them with my grandmother.now i make them for her.if you've never had them they're a super thin vanilla/anise flavored cookie that you make in a press. these cookies are the reason a baker's dozen is 13 :) View attachment 101936 View attachment 101937
Chris,
They look scrumptious... abbondanza! Grandma's recipe lives on.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I was busy writing personalized letters from Santa last night... which the Elf on the Shelf kindly delivered this morning via "ELF-mail". Then I wrapped a bunch of gifts while watching Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. Tonight we decorate some cookies.

Christmas is more fun with the kids around.

Reactions: 4 users

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
Wow. Got it wrong again- the P.O. is open all day today. With friends like me they don't need enemies. I guess I was thinking about Wall Street, but will offer no more info. and probably should just stay inside today

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My carrier had an easy day today- he was there before dark! The poor guy is usually out there with a miner's head lamp on his head. I don't miss that job at all. In other news I am approaching Christmas cookie overload. That's what I get for marrying a terrific cook.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Christmas was much more fun when my kids were younger / around. We are at the stage where our kids are more interested in their friends than family and please please please I hope for a few more years they are too young to be parents of their own. So I worked from 630- 6 today to try and close out the year and Chinese food is on the way for supper :) We'll get together with some family tomorrow at some point if I dont get into the vino first ROFL !!

Merrry Christmas

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
We were done last week and will be celebrating Christmas dinner at home with family!
8E93A139-0448-419C-AB3A-0B0C6F86FD97.jpeg

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Christmas was much more fun when my kids were younger / around. We are at the stage where our kids are more interested in their friends than family and please please please I hope for a few more years they are too young to be parents of their own. So I worked from 630- 6 today to try and close out the year and Chinese food is on the way for supper :) We'll get together with some family tomorrow at some point if I dont get into the vino first ROFL !!

Merrry Christmas
My kids live in Fla. and Tx. Neither one is making it this year. Not enjoying my 7 year old granddaughters company (The greatest joy of my life) makes it just another day of seeing the same old farts I see all year.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor