Rear axle year?

Froh

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2024
Tomah, WI
I picked up a gbody rear axle for one of my projects, but am unsure about what year it is from. I would like to know 'cuz when I go to order parts the guys always want to kn
ow what year. I can't find any charts that help.
The stamped codes on the right side tube are no help, does not contain the year. It is a 3.08 (had the cover off), code 2AC C218 2, 12mm lugs. I'm assuming later years of '78 to '88.

2AC comes up as 3.08 non posi for 1984, 86, 87and 88, see what the date codes cast into the housing says for the year. The C is for Chevrolet Buffalo plant, built the 218th day of said unknown year on 2nd shift.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup, it's a 3.08 non posi. So, the date code is cast into the cast iron diff housing? Where would that be? All the searches I do only show the info stamped into the right tube.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor