Rear brake line help needed asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
No one seems to stock a rear brake line for a GM wagon I need one for my 80 Malibu, I called classic tube & inline tube with no luck.
I have a leak at the rear and I am going to need a brake line from the pop valve back to the rear, does anyone know if a regular G-body line will fit such as from a Grand National or Elcamino? I would rather replace the line for $65 rather then make a splice/repair to it.

Thanks

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
For future referance, it looks like the GN line is idenical to the wagons line. I am going to try to repair the one I have first and replace it if need be.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I couldn't find any either so I just bought a coil of 1/4" tubing from Northern Auto and made my own. Or you could get four foot lengths at a local auto store and connect with unions,not compression fittings. The hardest part is getting it around the frame/body at the rear because the factory did it before the body was on. I went around the obstructions. Just keep the flare nut that goes to the flexable line at the rear end. It is a funny size and hard to find.

cptech

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2009
Hatboro, Pa.
Did you find the rear brake line that you needed ?? I'm in Hatboro and I'm parting out my 83 wagon. I replaced that line about a rear ago. I had a local brake shop make it for me. I'm sure it's still in great shape and the car is currently up in the air. It shouldn't take much to get it out if you're interested.

Let me know

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor