rear control arm bolts

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
speedway motors has a stock replacement set of arms but no bolts..... i won't even get into the ridiculous price but anyone know where can get a new set, i seen some out there but they for tubular arms only.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GM p/n 11502603 are the control arm bolts (10.9, M12 x 1.75 x 95) you seek. You will need 8 to complete the set.

11516073 is the crimp nut to finish off the deal.

Bolts are still available from GM for 15.44 each list price. Probably get them for less than 10 bucks each. Same for the nuts, and they list for 5.75 each. Again, general pricing around 3 bucks each.

I know. Expensive for a set of bolts, but that's the story of automotive life. IMO, if you simply have to have stock bolts for a restoration or something, or just peace of mind that it will fit/function as original, that makes it worth it, but if originality isn't the goal, that's a pretty steep price to pay for stock bolts.

DO NOT buy the so-called stock aftermarket Dorman kit 13505 saying they'll fit. Those are NOT the bolts you need. Did a little research on that and found out you'll likely be sorry if you do.

UMI sells a kit that looks promising. Not sure how great it is, but it appears it's rated the same at 10.9. Not sure exactly how it's an "upgrade" as it's rated the same as the stock bolts/nuts.

Reactions: 7 users

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
speedway motors has a stock replacement set of arms but no bolts..... i won't even get into the ridiculous price but anyone know where can get a new set, i seen some out there but they for tubular arms only.
I might have a complete set of used (but original) bolts for you.
Set them aside in my nuts n bolts bin when changing over to aftermarket rear control arms.
Lemme dig thru my bucket of bolts this afternoon for ya . Might even have the nuts too!

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
GM p/n 11502603 are the control arm bolts (10.9, M12 x 1.75 x 95) you seek. You will need 8 to complete the set.

Bolts are still available from GM for 15.44 each list price. Probably get them for less than 10 bucks each. Same for the nuts, and they list for 5.75 each. Again, general pricing around 3 bucks each.

I know. Expensive for a set of bolts, but that's the story of automotive life. IMO, if you simply have to have stock bolts for a restoration or something, or just peace of mind that it will fit/function as original, that makes it worth it, but if originality isn't the goal, that's a pretty steep price to pay for stock bolts.

DO NOT buy the so-called stock aftermarket Dorman kit 13505 saying they'll fit. Those are NOT the bolts you need. Did a little research on that and found out you'll likely be sorry if you do.

UMI sells a kit that looks promising. Not sure how great it is, but it appears it's rated the same at 10.9. Not sure exactly how it's an "upgrade" as it's rated the same as the stock bolts/nuts.

I spent quite a bit of time etching, brushing, scotchbriting and sorting out stock nuts+bolts from different cars before I found 8 good ones to reuse. I know the original nuts were crimp lock-nut types, but I reinstalled with some anti-sieze just to reduce the friction with the etched bolts on install.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
bolt depot.com has that style hardware for less than $5 a piece. It all depends on how much of a stickler you are for the exact o.e replacement,ie-the finish etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Shortly after purchasing my car some thirty something years ago. I received a bulletin from the dealership that sold the car originally. It was for a factory recall to replace the rear control arm bolts. At the time I made the necessary arrangements at the dealership and waited for the car.
All it cost me was time, gas money, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I bought all new 10.9 metric bolts, washers and prevailing torque lock nuts for the suspension in my cars from Bel metric in MA. Good prices, fast shipping.

Reactions: 2 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I might have a complete set of used (but original) bolts for you.
Set them aside in my nuts n bolts bin when changing over to aftermarket rear control arms.
Lemme dig thru my bucket of bolts this afternoon for ya . Might even have the nuts too!
i've still got the originals, just want to get new with new parts if possile. thanks.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022

thanks, the umi looks like way to go and i seen what you mentioned with the dormans.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
thanks, the umi looks like way to go and i seen what you mentioned with the dormans.

I have UMI control arms on my wagon but I wouldnt use the UMI bolt kit. They say the bolts are 10.9 but are the washers ? Also it comes with nylock lock nuts. Something I would NEVER use on suspensions. Too easy to take off compared to prevailing torque lock nuts. Also I doubt if nylocks are grade 10.9. They gotta match as far as hardness. I would use a nylock on a snowblower or lawnmower. Not a car. Just sayin. But its your car.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor